Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Horror Hosts Segment on E.T. (1984)

I remember this segment on Entertainment Tonight from when I was 14 years old. People my age growing up on Long Island missed the heyday of Zacherley and didn't have a horror host for our late night delights until Elvira got syndicated to a little UHF station we could barely tune in.

Up until I saw this I didn't know there were still horror hosts on local TV stations, I thought Elvira was the only game around. I remember watching this report and getting very jealous that people in other states got the joy of having a weekly local horror host. How lucky they were!

Now today we have the Internet, and we can get a glimpse of the greatness of local hosts from all over the country via classic clips on Youtube, and see what the new generation is doing with web shows.

Until Next Time, Stay Insane!

No comments: