Sunday, October 18, 2009

Elvira Hosts Chiller Theatre in New York on Halloween

This year Elvira Mistress of the Macabre will host WPIX New York's Chiller Theatre showing of The Evil of Frankenstein. I'm so happy I could melt into a blob.

I was a pre-teen and teen in the 1980's, and as I may have said before I missed the big horror host boom here in New York. So all I had was Chiller Theatre, which had no host, and the Nationally syndicated Elvira. Chiller went off the air in I believe 1982. Elvira was shown on a out of state UFH station and went off (at least on the only station I could find her on) about 1984. Since then it's been slim bone pickings for us New Yorkers.

Now it looks like WPIX will be bringing back Chiller as a yearly event at Halloween. Personally I'd like to see it every week with a horror host, but I'll take what I can get.

So if you live in New York and get WPIX, let them know you want your Chiller!!! Maybe if we make our screams loud enough they'll hear us and put it back on.

Click HERE to see WPIX's web page about Elvira hosting Chiller Theatre.

No comments: