Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dinner with Drac TV Perfromance by Zacherley 1958

I'm assuming this is the American Bandstand performance from 1958 (if I'm wrong please let me know) since the announcer says Dinner With Drac is a current hit when introducing Zacherley.

You may notice a difference with the lyrics you're probably use to (at least I'm use to) and this version used for the show. Apparently Dick Clark and other DJs thought the original was too violent so a toned down version was recorded. Fans wanted to buy the Bandstand version so it was released as Dinner With Drac part 2.

I think it has nice production values for 1958, but I'm a Zach-ophile so I'm bias.

Until Next Time, Stay Insane!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I never saw this, thanks for posting it.

Anonymous said...

I think Zack's lip sinking