Friday, December 4, 2009

Slingers- The show SyFy should be doing.

(Forgive me while I take a detour and talk about something that's not totally monster related)

Let's face it, SyFy (formerly the SciFi Channel, but don't get me started on that) airs a lot of crap. Now with the 're-branding' to a new name they seem to be breaking even further away from science fiction and fantasy. Personally I don't know anyone who want to see a cooking show on SyFy, which is one purposed idea they've been playing with.

Now the embedded three minute and two second video below is a presentation reel for a pilot some guys I've never heard of want to shoot. It is incredible. This is the type of show I want to see on SyFy every Friday. No more Stargates, no more wrestling and no more bad direct-to-video disaster films staring Luke Perry.

Just three minutes long and this presentation reel is better than any hour long show on SyFY right now. Why isn't SyFy talking to these guys?

I wish everyone involved with this the best of luck and I hope it actually gets made.

(I saw this originally on Topless Robot please check them out)

SLINGERS from Mike Sizemore on Vimeo.

No comments: