Monday, September 28, 2009

The Remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street Trailer

Okay, the trailer is alright.

I'm torn here. I love the original Wes Craven film starring Robert Englund and Heather Langenkamp, and I really don't see a reason to remake it (I don't see a reason to remake almost any remake that's come out in the last five years, but that's me). Given that, the trailer is very good and looks very stylish. I can even forgive the re-staging of some of Craven's classic scenes.

Part of it for me is the fact Englund for the first time will not be playing Freddy Krueger. Englund brought so much to the role he defined, that having someone else step into the part is a little hard for me to swallow. I like Jackie Earle Haley and think he's a good actor. He's probably the only choice if you're going to recast this iconic part. He's a great character actor and I'm sure he's going to give it his creepiest.

So aside from the fact I have contempt for the current slate of remakes and dislike Hollywood tearing apart my childhood for ideas since they can't come up with anythign new, will I see the film? I'll let you know.

A Nightmare on Elm Street in HD


No comments: