Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Island of Lost Souls" (1932) wins Rondo Award...

Got up this morning and the first thing I checked was the list of winners for the Rondo Awards, which came out last night. Some winners I was happy for (go Uncle Forry) and some people I think should have won, but that's okay. What really caught my eye was towards the end with the write in categories. For "FILM MOST IN NEED OF DVD RELEASE OR RESTORATION" the winner was the film we've been championing for DVD release-"Island of Lost Souls" (1932)!

The fact that the Rondo's recognized that this classic gave me a big smile. This means others think like I do (remember this was a write in category) and wrote in to voted for it. I hope this helps let Universal Studios know we want to see this film finally released.

If you haven't already, please sign our petition to have Universal release this film on DVD. The original blog posts on it can be found HERE and HERE. The link to the petition is:

http://www.petitiononline.com/IOLS1932/petition.html

Until Next Time,

Stay Insane!

No comments: